Update Amplia from 3.0-3.4 to 3.5
If your Amplia instance is on a 2.x version, update first to 3.0
Now that ASP.NET Core 2.2 is deprecated, version 3.5 of Amplia has been migrated to use ASP.NET Core 3.1, which is the newest LTS release of ASP.NET Core, to be supported by Microsoft until December 2022.
Because of that, to update your on-premises instance, you must install the ASP.NET Core Runtime 3.1.
Please refer to the Install the ASP.NET Core Runtime 3.1 section of the installation procedure corresponding to your platform:
On Docker, there's nothing to do, the new 3.5 image already ships based on the ASP.NET Core 3.1 image
Azure App Services
If your Amplia instance is hosted on Azure App Services:
- On the Azure Portal, enter your App Service configuration
- Click on Configuration, then select the General settings tab
- On the Stack settings section:
- The Stack setting should be set to .NET Core
- If there's a Major version setting, set it to 3.1
The Major version setting is only shown if the App Service Plan is Linux-based. Otherwise, for Windows-based plans, it is not needed to change the major version.